Dharma is living the life you are meant to live, being authentic, and doing the most good. It is also the sacred 8-fold path of Buddhism, which compromises right view, right thought, right speech, right actions, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, and right concentration. One that follows this path is said to be following their Dharma or life’s purpose and doing the most good.
All yoga classes include breathing, centering, and meditation. All classes begin with a warm up and end with a cool down/relaxation phase.
- Restorative Yin- deeply stretches the muscles and revitalizes connective tissue to improve joint mobility and energy flow through the body. Poses are held 3-5 minutes.
- Lunar Cycle – Full and New Moon yoga gets the body in tune to natural rhythms and personal intuition. Helps to set and achieve goals through personal inquiry, visualizations, and affirmations.
- Gentle Chair Yoga- great for beginners, aging populations, and people recovering from injuries.
- Hatha Yoga- basic/intermediate series of movement on the mat. Includes Sun salutations and some holding of poses. A balanced practice of sun/moon energy.
- Vinyasa Yoga- energetic practice that moves with breath, repetitions of movements and building on sequences rather than long holds.
All dance styles have offerings for beginners. Some offer more advanced material as students progress.
- Middle Eastern (Belly)Dance
- Traditional/Folkloric- Kostana
- Modern Egyptian/Cabaret – Luna
- American Tribal and Fusion- Roma
- West African Dance
- Classical Indian Dance
Thai Healing Massage and Bodywork
This type of bodywork resembles yoga. The goal is to improve energy flow by identifying and clearing blockages and tension. The client wears comfortable loose fitting clothing and lies on padded surface on the floor. The practitioner will move the body and offer traction and pressure rather than a kneading motion as in Swedish massage. Bodywork session are by appointment.
We host monthly drum circles that are open to the public free of charge. Additionally, Kirtan, a form of Bhakti yoga involving music, chanting, and dance, are held. We also hold periodic events that include live music and dance performances. Expand your cultural awareness and connect to like minded individuals during these frequent low- to no-cost happenings.
Host a henna party at our space or bring a henna artist to your event. Henna art is a great way to commemorate a wedding, pregnancy, graduation, vacation, cancer treatment or other life event. Henna is done by appointment and during select open house events.
Tarot appointments can be made. These are typically private sessions but can be done for couples or small groups. Typically, a 10 card spread is done with either the Thoth or World Spirit deck. Each reading includes a summary sheet you can take with you.
Astrological birth chart analysis is also available upon request. The sun and moon affect seasons, tides, even menstruation so why wouldn’t it affect our personalities and life circumstances. Unlock the secrets to how your time, date, and place of birth impacts your constitution and motivations to better realize your life’s purpose (dharma).
Weekly meditation circles are free and open to the public. Various techniques may be employed such as guided visualizations, silent or chanted mantra, mala bead, and trance. Some Dharma (Buddhist tradition) may be discussed at the beginning or end of each the session. Meditations sessions last 15-20 minutes at a time. Typically 2 sessions are completed each week with time in between for reflection and discussion as well as time before and after for sangha (community) interaction.
Our shop offers clothing, bellydance costuming, world trade gifts, incense, oils, all natural beauty products, tribal jewelry and textiles, divination and meditation tools. Shop is open before and after classes and during select events or appointments.